Millions of people need to contact the Social Security office each year. This brief guide will help you learn the Social Security phone number, and how to reach the government agency through various methods. In addition to visiting the office in your local area, you can also reach the agency online to apply for benefits or to discuss your personal information.
The SSA provides access to a wide variety of program information. You can apply for programs that you may be entitled to, get replacement SS cards, check application status, get a publication, inquire about death benefits and much more.
The administration provides these services through more than 1,400 regional offices, local branch offices, processing centers, SSA card centers and their websites.
Some of the key benefit areas serviced by the U.S. Social Security Administration include:
- Disability benefits
- Business Services
Social Security Phone Number
Various Ways to Contact their Offices:
Learn how to contact the SSA Offices by phone, mail and online.
1. Contact by Phone:
• 800-772-1213: This is the automated telephone number 24 hours a day. You can also speak to a representative when you call Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The automated phone number will allow access to recorded information and allow some business activities to be performed.
• 1-800-325-0778: For the deaf and hearing impaired.
2. Contact by Mail:
Social Security Administration
Attn: Office of Public Inquiries
Windsor Park Bldg.
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235
3. What you can do online:
Many of the benefit programs and services can be applied for online. You can apply for retirement benefits, disability, medicare and more over the internet.
See their website for a list of services that can be performed online.
• List of online services: www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/
4. Social Security local office locator:
Need to find the address or phone number of your local office?
- See secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/FOLO/fo001.jsp, to find an SS office nearest to you.
- Website: www.ssa.gov
- Other website: www.socialsecurity.gov
We hope you found this overview helpful.