Read this review about the ServSafe Food Handler Card and training program. Find out what requirements are necessary in each state for persons who work in restaurants and learn how to get your card at www.Foodhandlerusa.com.
The certification program is an interactive training set that was developed by the National Restaurant Association. The program was first mandatory in the state of California, where every person working in a restaurant who handles food, must complete the safety program and get the card.
Since then, other states are also beginning to require food handler cards from approved training programs.
FoodHandlerUSA Training Programs
How to get your food handler card:
The program is necessary because it promotes cleanliness and safe foods in our restaurants. These requirements help to prevent sickness and maintain a safe work environment for all to enjoy.
If you work in a restaurant and you handle food, then the first step is to visit the ServSafe website to determine the requirements based upon the state where you work.
From their website you can get the ‘Food Handler’ training and certification requirements by state. At that point, you can determine how best to proceed. You can take the interactive food safety training assessment course for your certificate or card, online in a secure environment.
One interesting fact, is that over 3 million workers and managers have taken the ServSafe training course.
- So, you have determined that you need to get certified, what is the process? If you need to take the course and get your food safety training certification, then see the ‘Starters page‘ to take the online course and get your necessary certifications.
What does the training program cover?
- Personal hygiene requirements
- Basic food safety requirements
- Time & temperature facts
- Cross contamination & Allergen facts
At their official training website students are able to accomplish many different tasks and activities. Some of the activities that a student can do include:
- Take the online certification course
- Buy ServSafe food handler products
- Complete the assessment online
- Check your score and see how you did
- Print out your certificate
National Restaurant Association
175 West Jackson Boulevard, Ste #1500
Chicago, IL 60604