Visit the Missouri Unemployment website at www.moclaim.mo.gov to access your benefits if you are an unemployed worker in the state. At the site, you will be able to sign up, apply, file, renew and view your claim status online. Eligible persons can make weekly claims to receive qualified UI benefits for up to 20 weeks. The MO Dept of Labor’s internet service does not charge the user any fees.
It is true that many workers may suddenly find themselves without a job, due to no fault of their own. For those unfortunate persons in Missouri, there are State and Federal services available to help those that are qualified. Maybe you only need to claim wages and monies for a few weeks until you find a new job, or maybe you may need to make weekly claims to the limit of 20 weeks of monies, the MO Department of Labor is there to help.
Services and Unemployment Benefits Provided:
At the Missouri Moclaim labor portal, qualified unemployed workers can access and get information on all of the available benefits and services. Some of the important facts you can get include the following:
- How to get benefits
- How to file a claim – new, renewed and weekly
- View your claim status
- File weekly claims
- Check the balance of your debit card
- Federal benefits: You can learn more about important deadlines and instructions on UI.
- Job services to help seekers get back to work
- Listings of State Agency job openings
Regional UI Claims Centers:
- Kansas City: 816-889-3101
- Springfield: 417-895-6851
- Jefferson City: 573-751-9040
- St. Louis: 314-340-4950
Unemployed Workers Website: www.moclaim.mo.gov
How to Determine Eligibility for UI Benefits:
See the page at www.labor.mo.gov/DES/Claims/eligibility_web.asp, to help determine if you would be eligible to receive any unemployment insurance payments or monies. View the video below to learn more about how to calculate and determine the amount you may be able to receive from UI.
Video: Work Benefit Amount Calculator
- MO Unemployed Workers page: www.labor.mo.gov/DES/Claims/
- Missouri UI Online Claims Filing site: www.ui.labor.mo.gov/som/